As an active member of the School Board, I work with our partner groups as well as 5 local mayors and their councils, our 4 local MLA’s and the provincial government. The school district’s operating budget of close to $375 million is a focus of mine. I have been diligent in monitoring revenues and expenditures on a continuous basis. Our district has repaid $13.4M of operating debt accumulated in the years prior to 2014 and now consistently maintains a surplus in order to deal with emergent issues and emergency situations.
- Coquitlam School Board Trustee for 10 years
- 3 years as School Board Chair
- Finance and Audit Committee – Member and former Chair
- District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) – Board representative
- Student Leadership Council (SLC) – Board representative
- BC School Trustees’ Association (BCSTA) – Board representative
- BCSTA’s Student Initiatives Working Group – Member
- Anti-Harassment Committee – Former member
- Setting and monitoring the district operating budget of $375 million dollars.
- Overseeing all aspects of capital planning and budgeting.
- Advocating for additional funding and capital projects.
- Monitoring staffing, programs of choice, technology
- Working with student, parent and employee groups
- Working with local and provincial governments.