Since being elected in 2014 our Board has been successful in:
- Maintaining graduation rates that are #2 province wide, nearly 7% higher than the Provincial average.
- Repaying $13.4 Million of debt.
- Building Smiling Creek Elementary, planning an additional elementary and a combined middle/secondary and purchasing land for five schools on Burke Mountain.
- Completing seismic rebuilds of Centennial Secondary, Eagle Mountain Middle, Moody Middle and Banting Middle.
- Constructing seismic upgrades and additions at many other locations throughout the district.
- Hiring more teachers and support staff than ever before (with declining enrollment).
- Eliminating teacher lay-offs.
- Developing excellent relationships with partner groups and meeting with them regularly.
- Establishing a transparent Finance & Audit Committee.
- Establishing a new budget process so partner groups can provide feedback before the preliminary budget is developed.
- Reviewing programs to ensure efficient use of resources: Education Assistants; Human Resources; Payroll; Facilities maintenance.
- Developing Directions 2020 – Strategic Goals and Objectives for the district.