Re-Elect Barb Hobson
Since being elected in 2014 our Board has been successful in:
- Our graduation rates are the highest in the Lower Mainland.
- Good financial stewardship has turned our district’s finances around.
- We have more teachers and support staff than ever before.
I joined the Parent Advisory Council at my daughter's elementary school to advocate for all students to reach their highest potential. Thirty years later I am still advocating!
- Coquitlam School Board Trustee for 10 years
- 3 years as School Board Chair
- Finance and Audit Committee – Member and former Chair
- District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) – Board representative
- Student Leadership Council (SLC) – Board representative
- More of my School Board experience.
- DPAC – Former Treasurer and Vice President
- Parent Advisory Council – Former member at 5 Coquitlam schools
- Assistant to BCIT’s Board of Governors (2003 - 2008)
- Executive Assistant to Polytechnics Canada (2003 - 2008)
- E.A. and Executive Committee member at the New Media Innovation Centre
- More of my career experience.
Active in the Community
- Place des Arts – Board President since 2012
- Rotary Club of Coquitlam since 2007 – Past President, Treasurer and Community Service Director
- Terry Fox Run – Volunteer
- Maillardville Residents’ Association – Volunteer and former Vice President
- Odyssey of the Mind – Volunteer Judge. Former coach, Board Member, and Provincial Director
- Coquitlam RCMP Block Watch Captain
- More of my community involvement.